- Salary and benefits
- £45,000 to £50,000 plus bonus & excellent benefits
- Contract length
- Permanent, Full time
- Date added
- Added 2 weeks ago
We have a brand new opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller to join a leading Tour Operator, based in Birmingham. Overseeing the accounts department, the successful candidate will responsible for preparation of management accounts and end of year statutory audit pack for external auditors.
They'll ensure all accounts functions are undertaken in a timely manner and will be responsible for analysing the management information and discussing with management any recommendations for acting on said information. They'll also be expected to make necessary efficiency improvements within the department, which will be beneficial to the business.
In return, our client can offer a competitive salary of up to £50k, plus bonus and excellent benefits, so if this role is of interest to you, please contact up today for a confidential chat or apply online.
Role of Financial Controller:
- Preparation of management accounts to target 10 working days
- Preparation of audit pack for statutory auditors within 3 months of year end
- Full balance sheet reconciliations
- Analysis of management accounts for board
- Reporting to board on variances in management information
- Preparation and overseeing of Rota and accounts processes, including the authorisation of teams leave in line with the Company Holiday Policy
- Management of accounts team members
- VAT returns
- Oversee staff travel account for Directors
- Increase efficiency within department and maximise automation of tasks
- Reporting to Operations Director, external consultant and managing director on matters relevant to the accounts department
- Mentoring of assistants within the department to further their career and develop their skills
Skills required for the role:
- CEMAP qualified and min. five years expereince within a similar role, ideally within the travel industry
- Good communication skills by phone, email and face to face
- Good IT skills
- Strong Character and good management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritise tasks
- Attention to detail
If you’re interested in learning more about this Financial Controller role, please press the apply online button now!Apply online now for Financial Controller
Refer a friend and receive
Refer a friend today for your chance to receive our £150 referral bonus *terms & conditions apply
We have a brand new opportunity for an experienced Financial Controller to join a leading Tour Operator, based in Birmingham. Overseeing the accounts department, the successful candidate will responsible for preparation of...